A Personal Challenge to you as a PCBU
The 10 Critical questions every business should know and be confident in the answers.
- Do you know if your health and safety management system is fit for purpose and represents best practice?
- Are there systems in place to ensure that hazards and risks are identified, assessed and effectively managed?
- Does your organisation ensure that contractors have satisfactory health and safety standards?
- Does your team know how or when to report to the management team where there is a significant organisational change that has implications for health and safety?
- Is your organisation’s emergency management plan well established, recently tested and in a state of readiness that will ensure an effective response to any potential emergency?
- Does your organisation ensure that it has the right people with the right skills and motivation managing health and safety?
- Does your organisation ensure that all plant and equipment used on site meets acceptable standards?
- Does your organisation ensure that the goods and services it supplies to other organisations meet satisfactory health and safety standards?
- Does the organisation have an adequate budget for its health and safety programme?
- Have you thought about potential incidents that are less likely to occur, but with catastrophic consequences when they do?
If you struggle with the answers, then your current Health and Safety governance protection may not be assured in the case of a Worksafe New Zealand Investigation!!
You consider it is working but it is taking significant management time and eroding your core focus on business development and sales/client relationships.
If this sounds like you, contact us on 03 929 1403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will quickly help you know if we’re the right solution for you!